Re: Evolving Evolution... the " Big Bang " theory is a Catholic priests invention ( believe it, or not )
Newsgroup: alt.athiesm
Posted by: thomas p.
2007-01-04 09:17:20

Bill Carver skrev:
> In article <1167826790.727000.203140@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
> "thomas p." wrote:
>
> > Bill Carver skrev:

> > > So you would agree that under the same test of the validity that Darwin
> > > had which was "This theory is true unless proven otherwise" could apply
> > > to the creation of matter that had exploded in the beginning no?
> >
> > The difference being that there is a mountain of evidence for evolution
> > but there is none for any creation. In other words there is no
> > scientific theory of creation; a theory requires evidence. All you
> > have offered is the fact that we do not know everything, but ignorance
> > is not evidence.
>
> there is only evidence of evolution because you have faith in the
> religion of science.

The evidence for evolution exists no matter what I think about it.
Science is not a religion, and I do not have faith in it. Furthermore
my feelings (which you cannot know unless I tell you) are not relevant

You believe that because some plants and animals
> have similar structure that they somehow turned one to the other. While
> the progression is there, not one living being has seen a tadpole turn
> into a lion. Just frogs. No lions have turned to birds as I know. It
> takes just as much faith to believe in evolution as it does creation.
>
> I personally find evolution unimportant in the argument. Evolution if
> it exists does not disprove the existence of God anyway. You just
> think it does.

I do not think it disproves the existence of god, nor did I say that.
I merely pointed out that creation is not a theory in science, and the
big bang does not provide evidence for a creation.