Re: Evolving Evolution... the " Big Bang " theory is a Catholicpriests invention ( believe it, or not )
Newsgroup: alt.athiesm
Posted by: thomas p.
2007-01-04 10:20:54

Bill Carver skrev:
> In article <1167806792.251913.117180@k21g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "Martin Phipps" wrote:
>

> > > Trust me.. To the 78% of the world that believes in God, there is proof.
> >
> > Not necessarily. Whatever happened to blind faith? (Emphasis on
> > blind. :))
>
> Blind faith is jumping out of an airplane without checking your chute.
> Religious faith is based on seeing.

"Blessed are those who have not seen but believe." Familiar?

> > > In the case of my faith, if the story were made up, why would people
> > > have chosen something so unbelievable.
> >
> > Is it really so unbelievable? Don't people want to believe that there
> > is somebody out there protecting them, somebody who will look after
> > them even after death?
> >
> > You are really making progress, you know? Of course, the myth of God
> > is "unbelievable".:)
> >
> > > It would be so much easier if it
> > > were not for some of the dying on the cross and yet living to tell about
> > > it thing.
> >
> > I'm sorry but your sentence structure is a bit awkward here. Are you
> > saying tha because people believe in the resurrection of Christ then it
> > must be true? So that means Mohammed must also be the one true prophet
> > of God because plenty of people believe that too. Do you see what I
> > mean?
>

> There are first hand accounts of the resurrections traceable in both
> scripture and history.

There is no historical documentation for any resurrection.

> Mohammed is Allah's prophet, but Allah is not God.

Except, of course, when claiming that 78% of people believe in God,
then the believers in Allah are counted as believing in God.

> > > However, that is what happened and there is historial records
> > > of all kinds of miracles performed not only in Jesus' time on earth, but
> > > even to this day.
> >
> > There have also been ghost and UFO sightings to this day. People
> > perform "magic" tricks in public every day and people are fooled into
> > thinking it is real. We can't believe everything that people tell us,
> > not just because it is unbelievable but also because it is often
> > contradictory.
>
> > Don't forget that in order for people to be canonized as saints in the
> > Catholic church there have to be records of them performing miracles.
> > Oddly enough these records only surface after the person is dead. You
> > don't see people coming on Jerry Springer talking about the miracles
> > they have performed. So, yes, a lot of these "records" are made up.
> >
> > Martin
>
> You need to read about miracles, saints and scripture. When you see the
> magnitude of the miracles. Restored sight to the blind. An insane man
> instantly cured. Chronic bleeding stopped by touching the hem of His
> garment etc that you will understand that Jesus miracles were not magic
> tricks, but the real thing.

If they happened, but there is no documentation for them.

> You also should pick a saint or two and just read about what the
> miracles were. Saints don't brag in life about miracles performed.
> Glory belongs to God. Saints in the Catholic Church are simply people
> held up as examples of the Christ-Like life we are to lead.
>
> One of St. Francis of Assissi's miracles happened all the time as he was
> teaching. Birds and animals would stop making noise while he spoke.

Right!