Family hopeful for child hit by foul ball
Newsgroup: clari.web.news.trouble.accidents
Posted by:
2008-07-12 20:14:48

Family hopeful for child hit by foul ball

Logo [Jul 12]
YellowBrix story BBN-FOULBALL from United Press International

Family hopeful for child hit by foul ball

Copyright 2008 by United Press International (via ClariNet) / Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:14:48 EDT

CHICAGO, July 12 (UPI) -- The father of Dominic DiAngi says
their family is hopeful the 7-year-old has no permanent damage after
being hit by a foul ball at Chicago's Wrigley Field.

Peter DiAngi said Friday while his son has been listed in
serious condition, the family feels Dominic is past the
"life-and-death" portion of the incident, The Chicago Tribune said.

"We're past the scary life-and-death part," DiAngi said. "We
have to see his reactions. We want to make sure he can focus."

DiAngi was with his son Thursday when the child was struck
in the head by a foul ball hit by Chicago Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly.
The concerned father immediately sought help for his injured son,
who suffered swelling around the brain and a fractured skull.

Cubs spokesman Peter Chase told the Tribune the Major League
Baseball organization also was hopeful the young Cubs fan would
recover fully from his injuries.

"We hope he'll make a speedy recovery, and look forward to
welcoming him back to Wrigley Field as soon as he's ready," Chase
said.

bottom [Jul 12]

Icon [Jul 12]