Re: OS account report
Newsgroup: comp.os.linux.security
Posted by: Chris Cox
2008-04-28 04:45:59

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Chris Cox wrote:
>> However, you can tweak your own processes and security
>> policies to enable some of this kind of tracking for
>> future build outs.
>
> Note that this only works if you create accounts *only* with a managed
> tool. When you have local admins able to create local accounts, and
> systems such as normal /etc/passwd that don't timestamp accounts, you
> have a real problem.

This is why I said this can only be controlled by your own
"processes and security policies".

What's the best way to keep cars from colliding at an intersection?

1. Don't drive anymore.
or
2. Come up with rules and traffic signs/signals (which people can
break, if they want to end up in the hospital).