Re: Transferring info from worksheet to report
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Posted by: Stan Brown
2007-05-19 15:38:02

Fri, 18 May 2007 01:21:00 -0700 from John D
:

> "Stan Brown" wrote:
> > While it can be done in Excel, as you've proved, I think a database
> > would be easier to handle and much more versatile for this
> > application. Since these reports are an ongoing requirement it might
> > be good to program them in Access using one of its wizards.

> Thank you Stan.
> I have thought of this but would rather if possible stick to excell. This is
> because my boss originally put it together and he has supplied all his sales
> staff with it.

Yes, I had feared that might be a constraint.

You could still do it in Access, if I am not mistaken, but linking
from the Access database to the Excel workbook. Then everyone still
happily enters data in Excel, but you use Access to generate reports.

I haven't tried it myself. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/