Re: Hiding number parts by cell formatting
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Posted by: RagDyeR
2007-05-19 15:50:33

Say your numbers are in Column A.
Insert a column after your column of numbers, to make a new Column B.

Enter this formula in the new B1:

=RIGHT(A1,10)

And copy down as needed.

Hide Column A.
--

HTH,

RD

"Bill G." wrote in message
Hello. I have several cells with numbers, whose digits range from 10 to 13.
I want to show only the last 10 digits for every number. Not actually delete
the first few digits, but have them not show, by cell formatting probably. I
have played a bit with custom cell formatting but there is few info on the
web about the signs that can be used and their function. Any advice?