Re: ASAP: SQL: String data, right truncation
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
Posted by: Joseph M. Newcomer
2007-10-08 17:35:37

How wide is the data you are sending? Does it perhaps exceed some limit of VARBINARY?

Are you sure this error mesage applies specifically to this column?

Otherwise, I don't have much to suggest.
joe

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:18:00 -0700, Peter Schmitz
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to write binary data to a table column of type VARBINARY
>(created beforehand). So, I copy the binary data to the CByteArray of my ODBC
>consumer class, but when I call Update() to write the new data to the
>database, I receive the error "String data, right truncation". Could this
>happen due to carriage returns or bytes with a value of 0 in the data?
>Because unfortunately, the binary data can take any value possible -
>including 0...
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Peter