Re: Setting up with Alcatel Speedtouch modem and Linksys WRT54G HELP
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Posted by: Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
2007-02-28 21:06:39

Hi
In order to use any of the current Wireless Cable/DSL Router as the main
Routing device you need to buy a Modem with Ethernet output connection.
Otherwise, you need an Ethernet card in the main computer; you connect the
Wireless Router as an Access Point to the Ethernet Card trough a regular
port on the Router. Configure the Main computer to Route with Windows ICS.
ICS info here, http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
Configuring a Wireless Router as an Access Point here,
http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).