Re: Setting up with Alcatel Speedtouch modem and Linksys WRT54G HELP
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Posted by: M
2007-02-28 21:10:59

wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Having problems. Have got a broadband internet connection with Pipex
> using an Alcatel Speedtouch 330 Modem which connects direct to phone
> line and then to my computer via USB.
>
> Have just bought a Linksys WRT54G wireless router but don't know how
> to connect the 2 together to use wireless at home as all the
> connections on the Linksys are Ethernet network sockets and the
> Alcatel has only the USB connection.
>
> Hopefully I can get these 2 working together?!
>
> Do I need a new modem!?
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks!!

This router is not suitable for you. You would do better to buy one with a
built in ADSL modem. This one will work with either an Ethernet modem (not
USB) or a cable box. I can't really see how it can be described as
broadband since it will not work with an ADSL connection out of the box.