One PC will not launch Apps
Newsgroup: novell.support.zenworks.desktops.4x.app-launcher
Posted by:
2007-06-06 16:40:25

We are running Zen for Desktops 4.0.1.x and Netware 6.5 and GW 7
I have one desktop machine that will inventory, but will not launch any app
objects - no matter who logs on to it.

I un-installed and re-installed Zen, installed the 4.91sp3 client, deleted
the workstation object from the tree and re-named the workstation so it
would create a completely new object, but still the same thing happens.

she shows the following errors in the Workstation Scan History:
027: Unable to read the sequence number from the Workstation object
043: Unable to read the Software rules file
(we are not doing a customized inventory so that's why there's no
SWRULES.ini

This is the only workstation with the issue. The user can log on any other
PC and zen runs fine. All of my workstation objects are importing into the
same container so that I
am ensured that they all inherit the same rights.

I have no idea what to do next. I don't think it's an issue with the zen
server because the other workstations are running fine.