Re: ZIP drive to swap...
Newsgroup: rec.crafts.metalworking
Posted by: Gunner Asch
2008-05-26 06:22:45

On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:31:37 -0500, Ignoramus22089
wrote:

>As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
>very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
>also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Ive got about 10 Zip drives, both the 100 meg and 250 meg that Id give
away.
But they sure did fill a need for a long time though.

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

Gunner

>On 2008-05-25, Dave August wrote:
>> Ok guys,
>>
>> A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
>> gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.
>>
>> I KNOW some of you still use this stuff .. so make me an offer in trade... I
>> sure ain't gonna try and fleaBay this to get 10 bucks...
>>
>> If it's a regular here like Gunner, or Iggy, or one of the "Don's" I'll
>> send it no questions asked, somebody else may have to persuade me they won't
>> rip me off for the shipping.
>>
>> What do I want?.. Hell I dunna-no.. A couple of 64th 5C collets would
>> probably get it...
>>
>> Don't respond here, drop me an e-mail, I'm sure you can figure out how to
>> get rid of the NOSPAM before you respond, and put ZIP DRIVE SWAP in the
>> subject, even with SpamAssissian I still take a couple 100 a day...
>>
>> I won't necessarily take the first offer, just some thing worth while.

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
             mariposa rand mair theal