Re: Game cameras
Newsgroup: rec.hunting
Posted by: Steve
2009-02-12 19:10:07

On Feb 11, 3:53=A0pm, buck...@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
> My question is what do you recommend?
> I had a Moultrie I40 which crapped out after 16 months of intermittent
> use. Actual service about 5 months. It wasn't abused and when shipped
> to the factory, Moultrie returned it as "unrepairable". When pressed
> on the issue they indicated that any camera returned to them under
> warranty was simply relaced, out of warranty was "unrepairable". For
> what it's worth the camera would turn on but would no longer switch
> into photo mode.This occurred after switching SD cards.
> Not being anxious to throw away more money on Moultrie I'm open to
> suggestions for quality and reliability.

I had the very same camera and it crapped out after only about 8
months of very intermittant use. The IR flash quit working. When I
called to get it serviced, the technician said that was the first time
he'd heard of that problem... Ya right... Anyway I got a new camera
out of it as the one I sent in was "unrepairable." The main thing I
don't like about this camera is it is very hard to get your fingers
into the SD slot area to get the SD card OUT. So I have to use a set
of tweezers to get the SD card out. I don't think I would get another
Moultrie.....
Steve