Re: Game cameras
Newsgroup: rec.hunting
Posted by:
2009-02-13 20:09:34

On Feb 13, 9:26=A0am, Chris Barnes wrote:
> Jim and Phyllis wrote:
> > Our Moultrie cameras have behaved OK for several years. =A0They do use
> > more power than the new ones. =A0We have taken to using a lawn mower
> > battery, a 12 volt solar cell and a voltage adapter to keep them
> > powered for a while.
>
> I'll chime in as well.
> I bought my wife a Moultre camera about 2 years ago. =A0It has worked
> great and takes decent pictures, using 6 D batteries.
>
> It does have 1 flaw - it can't keep time worth beans. =A0It looses
> approximately 20 minutes PER DAY.
>
> Still, considering that I bought the camera for under $100 - I am quite
> pleased with it.
>
> --
>
> + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
> Chris Barnes =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0A=
OL IM: CNBarnes
> ch...@txbarnes.com =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Yahoo IM: c=
hrisnbarnes
> "Usenet really is all about standing around and hitting the ground
> with clubs, on a spot where many years earlier a dead horse lay."

One of the comments the customer service rep made to me was fairly
amusing. I asked what happened to the software updates Moultrie had
previously published. She stated they took them down since they weren
't just an update. If you weren't actually experiencing a problem and
installed an "update" you turned youy camera into a "brick".
Could be Steve and I both got lemons but I'm not willing to throw in
more money on Moultrie since if it fails out of warranty repair is not
an option.

Hal