Re: Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy-all speeds of album and live versions for entry in the BPM column
Newsgroup: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s
Posted by:
2007-03-30 00:34:44

On 29 Mar 2007 15:01:05 -0700, "Ian Schneider"
wrote:

>On Mar 29, 3:54 pm, "Mr. Perfidious" wrote:
>> Ian Schneider wrote:

>> >Ouch. BITING sarcasm. Oh, my heart.
>> >I hope you feel like a BIG wo/man now.
>>
>> >Ian Schneider
>> >www.meanspeed.com
>>
>> I don't mean to sound nasty but is there a single person reading this
>> newsgroup who finds this kind of information applicable?
>> If I am wrong, I apologize.
>> Are there other newsgroups that might better serve the needs of djs?
>

>if not, you are not using the BPM column on your iTunes or iTunes
>wannabe. Which is like driving without a speedometer--very easy--no
>NEED for it, but it's new information. New information sucks, because
>you have to readjust thinnking, use CNTRL/I command and actually enter
>the speeds. Within 3 years all the speeds will be there--now, there
>is nothing.
>

>As far as better places? I have my own sites devoted to this whole
>thing, and I stay away from newsgroups as this because of people like
>you. What if there are onlt TWO people who read it and actually use
>the speeds? Is it a waste? maybe. sorry for trying...So said, it is
>an open forum, and when I'm just giving out speeds, in order not to
>waste your time, I will so signify in the header that, shit---ain't
>nothing but the song speeds (20 barry White coming up). don't open
>it. but if 3 people open it, is it still a pain to have the header?
>is it Spamming? I really don't kow, bro. I hope there are at least 2
>people out there whoo use their BPM column.

I don't, but still appreciate your contribution. And feel that it is
more than appropriate for this group.

Cheers