Re: Shots with a 31mm Limited Pentax lens
Newsgroup: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Posted by: Bandicoot
2007-01-31 00:35:20

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:58:04 -0600, David Dyer-Bennet
> wrote:
> >Tony Polson wrote:
> >> As for "just about every camera maker having a 30mm lens
> >> in their stable", you have to laugh. It is nonsense, pure and
> >> simple.
> >
> >And I did, in fact, chuckle slightly when it came by.
> >
> >On the other hand, a 28mm isn't that different, and nearly
> >everybody *does* make one of those.
>
> That's true. However Pentax, which is the company in question,
> has made 28mm, 30mm and 31mm lenses! The 30mm (and
> 31mm) afficionados claim that 30mm (or 31mm) offers a
> perspective that is significantly different to that of a boring old 28mm
lens. ;-)

Well, I don't know about 28mm being boring, but 30mm does have a different
feel to it - wider than a 35mm but it doesn't seem to have such extreme
perspective as you get by 28, which makes it a nice 'street' lens. All this
is subjective 'feel' of course - but it is my experience as an owner and
user of all three FLs in question.

Peter