Re: Greenwich Waterfront Transit - campaign against
Newsgroup: uk.transport.london
Posted by: John B
2008-06-17 09:33:22

On 17 Jun, 06:47, Bearded wrote:
> The answer to our prayers is the Greenwich Waterfront Transit - with
> dedicated busways or bus lanes linking N Greenwich / Charlton /
> Woolwich / West Thamesmead and Thamesmead.
>
> However Andrew Gilligan of the Evening Standard has decided that it is
> too expensive and "a vanity project" for TfL. See
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6qlw8f
>
> Yes, maybe there are savings to be found - but the bottom line is: We
> need a better link to London now! What can we do to counter the Gillgan
> campaign

The problem is, you lot in Thamesmead aren't rich, you don't drive
4x4s or Porsches, you didn't vote Tory and your constituency never
will. So for the next four years, you can go and get bent as far as
the Mayor (and hence TfL's investment priorities) is concerned...

[is this reminder of their true priorities going to stop people voting
Tory in the next election? Don't be silly.]

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org